Memorial Sloan-Kettering makes every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients. While receiving care in any of our locations, Memorial Sloan-Kettering patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
The hospital understands the important role of a patient’s support person — a family member, friend, or other individual who helps a patient during the course of his or her outpatient care and hospital stay. Patients may appoint a support person to exercise their visitation rights.
- Visitors are welcome throughout the day in our outpatient facilities.
- Visitors are welcome throughout the day in our inpatient units. The following are preferred visitation hours:
- Adult inpatient units: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Adult ICU: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Pediatric inpatient units: 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited when necessary to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If you are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minium, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
This is a summary of the Center’s visitation policy. For a full copy of the policy, or if you have questions about the support person role, please call the Patient Representative Department at 212-639-7202.