This program provides acupuncturists with an advanced understanding of integrative oncology. This includes pathophysiology, mainstream treatment, and the advanced management of side effects associated cancer diagnosis.
In this course we pay particular attention to the physical issues that cancer patients face. We also further discuss herb-drug interactions, infection control, mechanisms of action, symptoms management with acupuncture, and demonstrations of treatment protocols.
Acupuncturists leave this course with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand mechanism of actions involved in acupuncture and metastatic disease
- Assess patients and their chart information
- Develop appropriate, safe, effective treatment plans for cancer patients
- Perform acupuncture techniques for the optimal treatment of cancer patients
- Practice acupuncture as part of an in-patient medical team
We are improving the functions of our program website and growing our course offerings. To accomplish these goals, we have temporarily disabled our website; class registration is unavailable at this time. We anticipate our new website will be live in late spring 2015.
If you would like to receive information about our class offerings and to be notified when our new website is ready, please contact the Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.