You are in the FALL PREVENTION PROGRAM. Please help us prevent patient falls!
- Call for assistance every time you need to get out of bed.
- Avoid bending over. If you drop something, call for help.
- Talk with your nurse about your medications. Certain medications can increase your risk for falls.
- Avoid leaning on furniture with wheels for support, such as your bedside table, overbed table, and IV pole.
- Wear laced or closed-toe shoes or slippers with nonskid soles. Do notwear backless slippers.
- Make sure we have:
- Turned on a night light for you before it gets dark
- Placed all of your necessary items within reach
- Raised your bedrails
- Made a clear path for you to get to the bathroom
- Call right away if you see any spills that need to be wiped up. Every time we mop the floor, a yellow sign will be posted to tell you that the floor is wet.
- Use the grab bars in the bathroom and railings in the hallways.
- Always wear glasses and your hearing aid(s) when you're out of bed.
Last updated: August 14, 2012