Our Harrison location will provide comprehensive outpatient cancer care services delivered by Memorial Sloan Kettering doctors, in a facility designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families.
Services will include:
- medical oncology
- radiation oncology
- diagnostic radiology
- surgical consultations
- dermatology (including Mohs surgery)
- genetic counseling
- pain management
- lymphedema therapy
- clinical trials
- social work
- survivorship and other support services
We will also offer a wide spectrum of sophisticated imaging technologies — including MRI, CT, PET scans, PET/CT, ultrasound, and mammography — to determine the diagnosis and stage of your cancer. In addition, our patients will have access to a robust radiation treatment planning system that integrates interventional radiographic services (which use state-of-the-art, minimally invasive tools for cancer diagnosis and management) with innovative radiation therapy methods — including a large-bore CT simulator, two state-of-the-art linear accelerators, and direct access to proton therapy (a very focused treatment method that limits doses to areas outside of the tumor target). These approaches allow us to provide the most-precise treatment possible while reducing radiation exposure to healthy tissue.
A Singular Focus on Cancer
As a patient of Memorial Sloan Kettering, you can take comfort in knowing you are receiving world-class care from a center whose sole focus is on cancer. Patients of Memorial Sloan Kettering in Harrison will benefit from:
- Local access to a cancer center that consistently sets the standard of cancer care. Memorial Sloan Kettering is one of only 41 National Cancer Institute–designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers.
- Experts who are relentless in their pursuit of conquering cancer. Leading-edge treatments developed by our clinicians and researchers include targeted drugs recently approved to treat melanoma as well as breast, prostate, and lung cancers, among others.
- Compassionate and coordinated care delivered by a multidisciplinary team. Having a team of highly specialized experts collaborating on your treatment ensures that you receive the best care possible.
- The most-precise techniques to diagnose cancer, as well as novel drug treatments, leading-edge radiation therapy, and surgical treatment planning, all under one roof. Our Harrison location will also offer specialized services such as genetic counseling, pain management, lymphedema therapy, clinical research trials, survivorship services, social work, and nutrition counseling.