To be eligible for this study, patients must meet several criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Patients must have metastatic non-small cell lung cancer that contains a mutation in the PI3KCA gene or PTEN gene or loss of the protein PTEN.
- Patients with squamous cell lung cancer must have disease that progressed despite one prior regimen of platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Patients with non-squamous cell lung cancer must have disease that progressed despite one or two prior regimens of chemotherapy.
- Patients with EGFR mutations must have had prior therapy with erlotinib or gefitinib.
- Patients must have recovered from the side effects of prior therapies.
- Patients must be able to be ambulatory for more than half of their normal waking hours.
- This study is open to patients age 18 and older.
For more information about this study or to inquire about eligibility, please contact Dr. Paul K. Paik at 646-888-4202.