- Due to our funding sources, only first- or second-year medical students in good academic standing at LCME- or COCA-accredited US medical schools are eligible to apply. Projects are to be carried out during an eight-week period in which participants must not have any other academic commitments. If you are in the process of retaking a course or will need to retake a course during the summer, you are not eligible to participate in this program.
- If you are in the United States on a student visa, you must have your home school authorize Academic or Curricular Practical Training by the award acceptance deadline.
- If you are not a US citizen, you must provide evidence of your eligibility to participate in the program by the award acceptance deadline.
Students apply for two projects for which they would like to be considered. As part of the review process, some faculty may request a phone or in-person interview. Selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated academic and research background related to the project(s)
- Interest in the specific project(s) as stated in the applicant's admissions essay
Applicants are not permitted to contact individual faculty sponsors during the application process. Applicants who do not abide by this policy will be disqualified from consideration.