To be eligible for this study, patients must meet several criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Patients must have leukemia that has returned or persisted despite at least one prior regimen of chemotherapy and contains a translocation (switching of genetic material) in the MLL gene. Patients with other types of hematologic cancers may also be eligible.
- Patients may not be candidates for a stem cell transplant from a donor.
- At least two weeks must have passed since completion of prior therapy and entry into the study.
- Patients must be able to be ambulatory for more than half of their normal waking hours.
- Patients must be age 18 or older.
For more information about this study and to inquire about eligibility, please contact Dr. Martin Tallman at 212-639-3842.