The Research and Technology Management (RTM) Information Systems Support (ISS) unit, reporting directly to the Vice President of Research and Technology Management, supports the information systems needs of the division.
More specifically, ISS is primarily responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating RTM’s strategic planning for the acquisition and deployment of information system resources that support divisional goals and objectives
- Directing and coordinating the development and maintenance of software applications and databases that support the services provided by RTM
- Providing technical assistance to RTM departments in purchasing, installing, and maintaining hardware and software that will be shared by RTM and the research community
- Providing technical training to RTM departments in the use of shared hardware, software, applications, and databases
- Providing end-user support on new functionality requests, system-enhancement requests, and bug fixes
A few examples of applications that the unit supports are Grants Central, RTM Cognos reporting, Cayuse424, and the Research Administration Management System.