Wednesday, May 6, 2015
The new MSKCC.org launched this week. By homing in on the subject matter you want to learn more about, the new site is focused on one thing: you.
- MSKCC.org is fully accessible on smartphone and tablet.
- Content is tailored to individual needs.
This week, the team behind MSKCC.org marked a major milestone with the launch of our redesigned website. The new design makes it easier than ever to find the resources specific to you — whether you’re a patient or caregiver, a research scientist, or a healthcare professional. By homing in on the subject matter you want to learn more about, the new MSKCC.org is focused on one thing: you.
New features include:
- responsive design, giving you full access to our entire site from any device, including smartphones and tablets
- streamlined navigation, to help you find the resources you’re looking for without delay
- fresh, new content tailored to individual needs
And with the launch of the site, we also become a pioneer in the implementation of Drupal 8, an open-source content management system that’s still in beta testing. MSKCC.org was built using Drupal 8, making Memorial Sloan Kettering one of the first organizations to commit to enterprise-wide implementation.
The redesign has been a truly transformative endeavor for our team. But most importantly, the new site allows us to better serve MSK patients and caregivers, as well as the more than 5 million people who come to MSKCC.org each year in search of answers, often at a critical moment in their lives.