Full TitlePhase II Study of MLN8237 in Advanced/ Metastatic Sarcoma (Alliance #A091102) Back to top
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an investigational drug called MLN8237 (alisertib) in patients with advanced or metastatic sarcoma. MLN8237 works by blocking aurora kinase, an enzyme that helps cancer cells divide and reproduce. MLN8237 is a pill that is taken orally (by mouth).Back to top
To be eligible for this study, patients must meet several criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Patients must have advanced or metastatic sarcoma.
- Patients with leiomyosarcoma of the uterus may not participate in this study, but may inquire about participation in protocol 12-164.
- Any number of prior therapies is permitted, but at least 4 weeks must have passed since completion of treatment and entry into the study.
- Patients must be able to be ambulatory for more than half of their normal waking hours.
- Patients must be age 18 or older.