I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of lung cancer. I work with a team of experts including surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists, and nurses. Our goal is to provide the best possible care and support for patients and their families.
As a member of the Thoracic Oncology Service, my research is focused on developing new treatments for lung cancer. I have a particular interest in studying ways to target molecular changes in patients’ tumors with new medicines.
I also specialize in early-phase clinical trials and am a member of our Developmental Therapeutics group. Our aim is to bring new drugs to patients with all types of cancer, particularly those for whom standard treatments have been exhausted.
I speak English, Spanish, and Filipino.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer; Early-Phase Clinical Trials
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, University of the Philippines
- Residencies: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Alexander Drilon
- A Phase I Study of DCC-2701 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of RXDX-101 in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Cancers Containing Alternations in the TRKA, TRKB, TRKC, ROS1, or ALK Proteins
- A Phase I Study of RXDX-105 for Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Cabozantinib in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Entrectinib in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors Containing Gene Rearrangements in NTRK1/2/3, ROS1, or ALK
- A Phase II Study of LOXO-101 in Patients with Cancers Containing the NTRK Gene Fusion
- Phase I Study of PF-02341066 in People with Advanced Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Alexander Drilon
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more