I am a medical oncologist who specializes in caring for women with gynecologic cancers, including ovarian, cervical, and endometrial cancer. I am part of a multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and surgeons who work together to give each woman the best possible treatment.
My research focuses on finding ways to make the immune system recognize and eliminate cancer. I am involved in clinical trials of immunotherapy, a type of medication that activates the immune system against cancer. In the lab, I am developing methods to make immunotherapy effective against gynecologic cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Cancers; Cancer Immunotherapy
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residencies: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Alexandra Snyder Charen
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more