As a medical oncologist and Chief of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Lymphoma Service, I work with my clinical and basic-science colleagues to accelerate the translation of recent scientific discoveries into novel treatment strategies to improve the cure rate and survival of patients with Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
I joined Memorial Sloan Kettering in 2013 with two decades of experience in treating and managing people with lymphoma, and with an extensive background in translational scientific research. I am particularly interested in developing novel targeted therapies and linking them to biomarkers (early markers) that can help match patients with the most effective and minimally toxic medicines.
I have served as the principal investigator of more than 60 clinical trials in patients with Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, including national and international multi-center studies. I have led the efforts of developing the first FDA-approved targeted drug for the treatment of Hodgkin lymphoma in more than three decades (Brentuximab vedotin).
Nationally, I have led a National Cancer Institute-funded Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in lymphoma focused on developing novel treatment strategies for Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. I also serve on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Lymphoma Research Foundation, and am a member of the National Cancer Institute Lymphoma Steering Committee.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas; New Targeted Therapies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Damascus School of Medicine
- Residencies: Pathology - Medical College of Ohio; Internal Medicine - SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Anas Younes
- A Phase 1/2a Study of Ibrutinib plus Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia or Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of JNJ-64052781 in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent B-Cell Cancers
- A Phase IB Study of BCL201 and Idelalisib in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Follicular Lymphoma and Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- A Phase Ib/II Study Combining Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Anas Younes
- A Phase I Study of BTCT4465A Immunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma or Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with Genetically Modified T Cells to Treat Recurrent or Persistent B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of MT-3724 for the Treatment of Relapsed B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of Nivolumab Immunotherapy plus Standard Chemotherapy for Newly Diagnosed High-Risk Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of PRT062070 in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Small Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia, or B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I/II Study of Lenalidomide plus Obinutuzumab and Atezolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Follicular Lymphoma
- A Phase IB Study of Buparlisib plus Ibrutinib in Patients with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase IB Study of Immunotherapy with Atezolizumab plus Obinutuzumab in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Lymphoma
- A Phase II Study of Mocetinostat in Patients with Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma or Follicular Lymphoma with Certain Mutations
- A Phase II Study of Nivolumab Immunotherapy to Treat Recurrent Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma and Primary Testicular Lymphoma
- A Phase II Study of Rituximab plus Lenalidomide for Untreated Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- A Phase III Study of Rituximab with and without Copanlisib in Patients with Recurrent B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase III Study of Standard Immunochemotherapy with and without Copanlisib in Patients with Recurrent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Checking for Lymphoma Relapse Using Minimal Residual Disease Assessment
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more