I am a neuro-oncologist who cares for patients with brain tumors and neurologic complications of cancer. I coordinate a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists who collaborate to provide the highest quality treatment for patients with gliomas and glioblastomas, primary central nervous system lymphomas (brain and spinal cord), ependymomas, and other types of brain tumors. With the support of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Brain Tumor Center, I also conduct research in an effort to develop innovative, more effective treatments for these diseases. I am currently leading several clinical trials aiming to improve patients’ survival and quality of life, including studies of new targeted therapies, treatments targeting tumor blood vessels (angiogenesis), cancer stem cells and immunotherapy.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-oncology; Primary Brain Tumors (Glioblastoma, Glioma, Ependymoma), Central Nervous System Lymphoma (Brain and Spinal Cord); Brain Metastases; Leptomeningeal Metastasis
- Languages Spoken: English; French; Portuguese
- Education: MD, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine; Clincal Neurology - University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine; Neurology - Mayo Clinic
- Fellowships: Neuro-Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Antonio M. Omuro
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with Anti-LAG-3 or Anti-CD137 Given Alone and with Nivolumab in Patients with Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme
- A Phase II Study of Carboplatin and Bevacizumab for the Treatment of Recurrent Low-Grade and Anaplastic Ependymoma in Adults
- A Phase II Study of Temozolomide and Radiation Therapy with Nivolumab Immunotherapy or a Placebo in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
- A Phase III Study of Radiation Therapy with Temozolomide or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
- A Pilot Study of Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy to Treat Recurrent Hypermutated Glioma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Antonio M. Omuro
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more