I am a neuro-oncologist who cares for patients with brain tumors and neurologic complications of cancer. I coordinate a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists who collaborate to provide the highest quality treatment for patients with gliomas and glioblastomas, primary central nervous system lymphomas (brain and spinal cord), ependymomas, and other types of brain tumors. With the support of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Brain Tumor Center, I also conduct research in an effort to develop innovative, more effective treatments for these diseases. I am currently leading several clinical trials aiming to improve patients’ survival and quality of life, including studies of new targeted therapies, treatments targeting tumor blood vessels (angiogenesis), cancer stem cells and immunotherapy.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-oncology; Primary Brain Tumors (Glioblastoma, Glioma, Ependymoma), Central Nervous System Lymphoma (Brain and Spinal Cord); Brain Metastases; Leptomeningeal Metastasis
- Languages Spoken: English; French; Portuguese
- Education: MD, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine (Brazil)
- Residencies: University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; University of Paris VI (Paris, France)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Antonio M. Omuro
- A Clinical Trial of Nivolumab Alone or with Ipilimumab in Patients with Glioblastoma
- A Phase I Study of Carboxyamidotriazole Orotate Plus Temozolomide in Patients with Glioblastoma Multiforme and Other Recurrent Malignant Gliomas
- A Phase II Study of Carboplatin and Bevacizumab for the Treatment of Recurrent Low-Grade and Anaplastic Ependymoma in Adults
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Antonio M. Omuro
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more