I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the care of people with lung cancers. I provide personalized and compassionate care to maximize survival and quality of life for my patients. I tailor treatments to the molecular profile of patients’ tumors as well as their individual circumstances and needs, whether that means offering a proven standard of care or a novel clinical trial.
As a clinical investigator, I devote my career to bringing real hope to people with lung cancers and other tumors by developing new therapies. My research focuses on molecular changes in patients’ tumors on a gene or protein level and targeting them with new medicines. I lead the clinical research program at MSK targeting the HER2 gene in lung cancers. I am also a member of our Developmental Therapeutics Center, in which we conduct cutting-edge clinical trials of new therapies for a variety of cancers. Furthermore, I lead a research program in discovering new therapeutic targets through circulating tumor DNA obtained from a blood test, also known as a liquid biopsy.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancers; Clinical Trials; Developmental Therapeutics; Molecular Targeted Therapies
- Awards and Honors: American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award; American Association for Cancer Research Young Investigator Translational Cancer Research Award
- Languages Spoken: English; Chinese; Mandarin
- Education: MBBS, University of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine (Sydney, Australia); MPH, University of Sydney (Australia)
- Residencies: Concord Repatriation General Hospital (Sydney, Australia)
- Fellowships: Royal North Shore Hospital (Sydney, Australia); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology (Australia)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more