I am a board-certified hematologist and medical oncologist specializing in blood and marrow cell transplantation for the treatment of leukemias, lymphomas, myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative disorders, and other hematologic malignancies. As part of a multidisciplinary team, I work on incorporating up-to-date research knowledge into the treatment of our patients. My main research focus is to develop reduced-intensity conditioning regimens, and to identify alternative donor sources so that this treatment modality is available to older and medically infirm patients and to those who lack sibling donors. I am also interested in developing additional interventions to further reduce post-transplant recurrence of malignant diseases. First and foremost, however, I see my role as guiding patients through the complexities of the available information and data so that they can make informed decisions about the treatment that is the best for them.
Read more Read less
- Clinical Expertise: Autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation; Reduced-intensity conditioning regimens
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Semmelweis University of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital Center
- Fellowships: Hematology/Medical Oncology - University of Massachusetts Medical School; Bone Marrow Transplant - Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Board Certifications: Hematology; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Boglarka Gyurkocza
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more