I am one of the pioneers in the development of MRD testing in myeloma. In collaboration with colleagues at MSK as well nationally/internationally, I develop new strategies (including cell-based, molecular-based, and imaging-based) and implement advanced MRD testing in clinical trials at MSK.
I am involved in the service’s rational treatment program (small molecule, monoclonal antibody, immune-based) for newly diagnosed, relapsed and refractory myeloma and amyloidosis patients.
In addition, I lead the development of a structured program for the education and mentoring of residents and fellows in the Myeloma Service. The service also takes part in regular multi-disciplinary clinical conferences and scientific meetings.
I am also fluent in English, Swedish and German.
- Clinical Expertise: Multiple Myeloma; Smoldering Myeloma; Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance (MGUS); Related Plasma Cell Disorders
- Languages Spoken: English; German
- Education: MD, Karolinska Institutet
- Residencies: Nykoping Hospital (Sweden)
- Fellowships: Hematology/Internal Medicine - Karolinska University Hospital; Medicine - National Cancer Institute
- Board Certifications: Hematology; Internal Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by C. Ola Landgren
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by C. Ola Landgren
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more