I am a pathologist. My areas of expertise include breast pathology and cytopathology, especially fine needle aspiration biopsies. Not only is this technique simple, minimally invasive, and accurate, but it can save patients from additional procedures that carry complications and may produce greater tissue alterations. I have performed more than 3,000 fine needle aspirations from the breast, thyroid, head and neck, and other locations on the body where a lump or bump has been felt.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Pathology; Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy; Cytopathology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Faculty of Medicine (Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Residencies: St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: New York Medical College, Westchester County Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Anatomic Pathology; Cytopathology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more