Together with my colleagues in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiology, I have initiated a program to treat and prevent atrial arrhythmias that can occur after major thoracic surgery. This program has received significant funding from various sources to help support research into the causes of atrial arrhythmias, specifically in patients undergoing thoracic surgery. As a result of our research, patient safety has been improved with the use of more effective drugs to help prevent atrial arrhythmias and increased monitoring of patients at risk of developing these arrhythmias.
- Clinical Expertise: Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Residencies: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellowships: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Anesthesiology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more