I am a medical oncologist. My clinical practice is focused on the care of women with gynecologic cancers including ovarian, endometrial, and cervical cancers. In addition, I have a special interest in treating women with uterine sarcomas. I work as part of a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, radiation oncologists, and pathologists who all specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers.
My clinical research is focused on developing new treatments for ovarian cancer and uterine sarcomas. I serve as principal investigator on a national research study for women with recurrent uterine sarcoma. I also specialize in early-phase clinical trials (sometimes called Phase I trials). These studies give patients new cancer medicines or new combinations of cancer medicines for the first time. I am working to improve the design of these trials.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Cancers (Ovarian, Endometrial, Cervical); Uterine Sarcomas; Clinical Trials (First-in-Human Phase I; Phase II)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by David Hyman
- A Phase I Study of AZD5363 in Patients with Solid Tumors Who Have AKT1 and PI3KCA Mutations
- A Phase I Study of HDM201 in Patients with Advanced Cancers and a Normal TP53 Gene
- A Phase I Study of STM 434 in Patients with Ovarian Cancer and Other Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase Ib Study of Oral BGJ398 and BYL719 in Patients with Certain Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Dasatinib to Treat Recurrent Clear Cell Cancer of the Ovaries or Endometrium
- A Phase II Study of Neratinib in Patients with Solid Tumors Containing Mutated HER2
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by David Hyman
- A Phase I Study of AZD0156 and Other Anticancer Drugs in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of Debio1347 in Patients with Advanced Cancers Containing FGFR Alterations
- A Phase I Study of LY3023414 in Patients with Advanced Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of BYL719 plus Everolimus in Patients with Advanced Cancers
- A Phase II Study of LOXO-101 in Patients with Cancers Containing the NTRK Gene Fusion
- A Phase II Study of LY3023414 to Treat Recurrent or Persistent Endometrial Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Gemcitabine, Docetaxel, and Doxorubicin versus Observation in Women with High-Grade Uterine Leiomyosarcoma