I am a pathologist with expertise in breast pathology. I examine breast specimens and render pathologic diagnoses based on these examinations. I also am deeply interested in clinical and translational research, and have participated in a number of breast-related studies over the past several years. Some of my important studies (see “Publications”) deal with the expression of steroid hormone receptors in mammary carcinoma, silver-binding nucleolar organizer regions in breast and other cancers, pathology of micro-invasive breast carcinoma, fibroepithelial lesions of the breast, biologic import of axillary micrometastases in breast cancer, and organ-specific metastatic potential in breast cancer.
In addition to English and Hindi, I also speak Marathi, and Gujarati.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Pathology; Anatomic Pathology; Oncologic Pathology; Cytopathology
- Languages Spoken: English; Hindi
- Education: MBBS, MD, University of Baroda (India)
- Residencies: SUNY Downstate Medical Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Fellowships: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Anatomic Pathology; Cytopathology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more