I am a medical oncologist and physician trained in both oncology and geriatric medicine who specializes in the care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, radiation therapists, and other specialists to provide the best treatment and individualized care for each patient.
My research focuses on improving treatment options for patients with these malignancies, particularly gastroesophageal cancers. As a board-certified geriatrican, I have a special interest in treating our older patients and studying how to better support them through chemotherapy and radiation. My research has been supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
As well as seeing patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Manhattan location, I treat patients at the West Harrison facility. I am dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality cancer care for all patients.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Malignancies; Geriatric Oncology
- Languages Spoken: English; Korean
- Education: MD, Brown University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Geriatric Medicine - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Geriatric Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Elizabeth S. Won
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more