As member of the Gynecologic Cancer Disease Management Team and the Director of Gynecologic Imaging at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, I use my expertise in genitourinary cancer imaging to provide specialty care to our patients. My interests are centered on genitourinary cancer imaging; specifically on advancing the role the latest MRI technology as well as PET/CT. My ongoing research is translational and includes assessing the role of functional MRI and PET/CT as a surrogate marker of tumor response to treatment in patients with ovarian and prostate cancer as well quantification of tumor heterogeneity.
Before joining the Memorial-Sloan Kettering staff in 2012, I was a University Lecturer in Radiology and Specialty Teaching Director (Radiology) at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, as well as an Honorary Consultant Radiologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, where I served for seven years as the Lead Clinician for Gynecology Imaging.
- Clinical Expertise: Body MRI, CT, and PET/CT. Oncologic Imaging with a special expertise in Genitourinary Imaging.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Tirana (Albania); MPhil, PhD, University of Cambridge (UK)
- Residencies: Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (UK)
- Fellowships: Research Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Radiology (UK)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.