I am a hematologist with a particular interest in benign hematologic disorders. I have extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of thrombotic diseases and also hemorrhagic disorders. This is particularly helpful for the complex population of patients with cancer who are at risk for both thrombosis and bleeding. My research interests include studies of the interaction of the coagulation system and cancer. I have published a number of papers in the field, including both clinical and basic science studies. I also actively contribute to the training of students and house officers.
- Clinical Expertise: Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism; Hemorrhagic Disorders; Anemia; Thrombocytopenia; Hemophilia; von Willebrand Disease
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Residencies: Medical College of Virginia
- Fellowships: Beth Israel Medical Center (Boston)
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.