I am a medical oncologist with a clinical practice dedicated to the care of patients with breast cancer. My research activities are focused on innovations in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. For example, I am currently collaborating with investigators at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory to explore genetic markers in breast cancer by a developing technique called comparative genomic hybridization (CGH). It is anticipated that improved accuracy in the identification of certain genetic markers will enable physicians to make treatment recommendations that are tailored to individuals and their cancer, thereby producing better outcomes for patients.
I am a member of several medical groups including the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Association for Cancer Research. I am a reviewer for several clinical journals including Nature Clinical Practice Oncology, the Journal of Clinical Oncology,Cancer, and Clinical Breast Cancer and have written more than 35 peer-reviewed articles, review articles, invited commentaries, and book chapters.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Toronto; MPH, Harvard University
- Residencies: University of Calgary (Canada)
- Fellowships: University of British Columbia/British Columbia Cancer Agency; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine (Canada); Medical Oncology (Canada)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.