I am a diagnostic radiologist with specialist training in oncologic and molecular imaging. My clinical and research activities are centered on the use of advanced modalities such as diffusion-weighted and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron-emission tomography (PET) for the non-invasive diagnosis, staging, treatment response assessment and follow-up of patients with cancer.
I serve as the Director of Genitourinary Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and have a particular interest in studying cancers involving the urinary system (e.g. prostate, bladder, and kidneys) and the female reproductive organs (e.g. uterus and ovaries).
Medical imaging is a fast-moving field largely driven by rapid technological advances, and I am committed to exploiting our state of the art facilities through cutting-edge research in order to facilitate the rapid incorporation of advances in diagnostic imaging into the day-to-day care of patients with cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Multimodality Imaging of Genitourinary and Gynecologic Cancers
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Residencies: Cambridge University Hospital (UK); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Diagnostic Radiology (UK)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.