Dr. Yahalom is an Attending Radiation Oncologist and Member, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He is also a Professor of Radiation Oncology at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Yahalom is internationally recognized for his lymphoma research. He is also the founder and Chairman of the International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group (ILROG). His organization ILROG, has developed and harmonized the modern radiation guidelines for Hodgkin lymphoma and for lymphoma involving all organ sites.
Dr. Yahalom has demonstrated the benefits of radiation therapy combined with chemotherapy to treat advanced and relapsed Hodgkin’s disease. He supervised MSK’s program for high-dose chemo radiation therapy with stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin’s disease and is an expert in using total-body irradiation for allogenic and autologous bone marrow transplant. Other areas of expertise include the use of radiation alone to treat low-grade (MALT) lymphoma of the stomach and other organs. He also developed the program for curative treatment for primary central nervous system lymphoma using nontoxic low doses of radiation.
Dr. Yahalom has also investigated genetic mutations that affect the risk of breast cancer after Hodgkin’s disease and the mechanisms of cell death of lymphoma in breast cancer cells.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin's Disease; Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Multiple Myeloma; Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma; Leukemias; Bone Marrow Transplantation; Breast Cancer
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2005-2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School (Jerusalem)
- Residencies: Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem)
- Fellowships: Hadassah University Hospital; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Radiation Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Joachim Yahalom
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more