I am a medical oncologist dedicated to the care of women with breast and gynecologic malignancies. As part of a multidisciplinary team including radiation oncologists and surgeons, I ensure optimal therapy for each patient given their unique needs. We offer patients the opportunity to take part in innovative clinical trials that test new ways to manage cancers in addition to standard care options.
My research interests include the development of new treatments for ovarian cancer and better mechanisms to tell if existing therapies are working. In addition, we are making a strong effort to target appropriate therapies for individual patients by performing molecular profiling of tumors, when appropriate, as part of an institutional research protocol.
As well as providing patient care at MSK’s Manhattan campus, I care for patients at the newly built West Harrison facility and am motivated to ensure that patients at both sites receive integrated care and the very best of what MSK has to offer.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Oncology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Residencies: Royal College of Physicians (Ireland)
- Fellowships: Royal College of Physicians (Ireland); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology (Ireland and Europe)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Karen A. Cadoo
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Karen A. Cadoo
- A Phase III Study of Carboplatin/Paclitaxel with or without Veliparib in Women with Previously Untreated Stage III/IV Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Rucaparib after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy in Women with High-Grade Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more