I am a medical oncologist dedicated to the care of women with gynecologic malignancies. I have a special interest in caring for people with inherited risk of cancer. As part of a multidisciplinary team including radiation oncologists and surgeons, I ensure optimal therapy for each patient given their unique needs. We offer patients the opportunity to take part in innovative clinical trials that test new ways to manage cancers in addition to standard care options. I also have a separate genetics clinic where I provide clinical counseling and genetic testing for people who may have an inherited predisposition to gynecologic or other cancers. My interest in inherited cancers extends to my research and I am studying ways we can understand, prevent, and treat these cancers.
My research interests also include the development of new treatments for ovarian cancer and better mechanisms to tell if existing therapies are working. We are making a strong effort to target appropriate therapies for individual patients by performing molecular profiling of tumors, when appropriate, as part of an institutional research protocol.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Oncology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MBBCh BAO, University College Dublin
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Royal College of Physicians of Ireland/The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital; Medical Oncology - Royal College of Physicians of Ireland; Advanced Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology (Ireland and Europe)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Karen A. Cadoo
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Karen A. Cadoo
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more