I am a board certified radiation oncologist with a broad interest within the entire field. I am particularly interested in the advantages that complex treatment planning and delivery techniques can afford patients with tumors in anatomically challenging locations. Tumors in the brain, head and neck region, lung, GI tract, prostate, and extremities often pose such a challenge. By working closely with our talented radiation physics staff, we can choose among various highly technical approaches to optimize the outcome for each patient as we endeavor to balance highly effective and safe treatments.
In my administrative capacity as the Director of Radiation Oncology in Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Regional Care Network, I work closely with my colleagues throughout the institution to ensure that all treatments, clinical techniques, and strategies are aligned across all facilities. In this way, patients who choose treatment at a regional site receive the same level of care as they would if treated at the main campus. We collaborate extensively in research protocols and continuing education programs across all sites as well.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Tumors; Breast Cancer; Brain Tumors; Soft Tissue Sarcomas; Bone Tumors; Brachytherapy; Cancer; Melanoma; Colorectal Cancer; Gastrointestinal Cancers; Genitourinary Cancers; Lung Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Residencies: NYU Medical Center; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Radiation Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more