I am a board-certified radiation oncologist who specializes in treating brain tumors. In particular I have an expertise in stereotactic radiosurgery and hypofractionated courses of image guided radiation therapy for both metastatic disease and primary brain tumors. Together with my colleagues in diagnostic radiology we are studying different types of MRI sequences for primary brain tumors and the effect they may have on the design and delivery of radiation therapy. I also have an expertise in the use of intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and image guidance (IGRT) for the delivery of radiation for brain tumors.
- Clinical Expertise: Brain tumors
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Residencies: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Lenox Hill Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Radiation Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Kathryn Beal
- A Phase I Study of Whole Brain Radiation Therapy plus Sorafenib for Patients with Breast Cancer Brain Metastases
- A Phase II Study of Temozolomide and Radiation Therapy with Nivolumab Immunotherapy or a Placebo in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
- A Phase III Study of Radiation Therapy with Temozolomide or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
- A Pilot Study of Radiation Therapy to the Brain plus Tremelimumab to Treat Metastatic Breast Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more