I am a board-certified internist and infectious disease specialist who cares for patients with infectious diseases related to cancer and its treatment. I also am Deputy Physician-in-Chief for Quality and Safety at Memorial Sloan Kettering and work with staff across the institution to improve patient outcomes.
I am a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My research interest is healthcare quality and safety. I am the author of more than 200 articles in the medical literature.
- Clinical Expertise: Infections Related to Cancer and the Immunocompromised Patient; Tuberculosis; Infection Control
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Residencies: Roosevelt Hospital (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Infectious Disease
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more