I am a pediatric neurologist who treats children and young adults with primary pediatric brain tumors such as medulloblastoma, ependymoma, and high- and low-grade gliomas (astrocytomas). I also treat patients with neurologic symptoms such as headaches, seizures, and neuropathic pain or weakness due to any cancer and/or cancer therapy.
I direct clinical trials at Memorial Sloan Kettering that are helping to advance the treatment of brain tumors. My particular area of interest is young adult patients with medulloblastoma or ependymoma. These tumors are rarely seen in this population, and therefore experience managing them is limited. At our Center, we have a base of experience to draw from and are working on the optimal treatment for patients with these rare cancers. Part of my professional responsibilities is also to mentor and teach our fellows, residents, and medical students to help further the care of patients with brain tumors.
Here at Memorial Sloan Kettering, we work as a team to provide patients and their families with coordinated care and support. This multifaceted approach to treating patients with brain tumors is what drew me to this field. The relationships that I develop with my patients and their families continue to fuel my motivation.
- Clinical Expertise: Pediatric Neuro-Oncology; Pediatric Neurology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Children's National Medical Center; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Pediatrics; Neurology, with special certification in Child Neurology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more