I am internist with special expertise in treating patients with hematologic disorders, and I am a member of a close-knit team that provides compassionate, multidisciplinary care to patients with these diseases. I am associate director of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s blood bank, a position I have held for more than 30 years.
As a member of New York State’s Cytapheresis Task Force and Council on Blood and Transfusion Practices, I helped establish state-wide guidelines for blood collection, separation, and transfusion.
I have been a co-investigator in more than 100 studies of ways to improve treatment for hematologic diseases and of transfusion and transplantation practices.
- Clinical Expertise: Pheresis; Stem Cell Collection; Hematologic Malignancies; Chronic Leukemias and Myeloma
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine (Argentina)
- Residencies: French Hospital (New York); Lenox Hill Hospital
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more