I am a medical oncologist who cares for women with breast cancer. I work closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to provide patients with personalized treatment plans and am committed to delivering exceptional, compassionate care to my patients.
My clinical research focuses on developing new treatments for breast cancer. I specialize in early-phase cancer clinical trials, called phase I trials. In these trials, patients receive new cancer medicines or new combinations of cancer medicines for the first time. I am particularly interested in developing new therapies that target the molecular changes that drive cancer. My translational research with liquid and tumor biopsies focuses on identifying and understanding the biomarkers of response or resistance to these targeted therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer; Early Phase Clinical Trials
- Awards and Honors: Irish Society of Medical Oncology Scholarship award (2012); American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Merit Award (2015 & 2016); ASCO Young Investigator Award (2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Residencies: Royal College of Physicians (Ireland)
- Fellowships: Royal College of Physicians (Ireland); Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more