I am a medical oncologist who cares for women with breast cancer. I work closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to provide patients with personalized treatment plans and am committed to delivering exceptional, compassionate care to my patients.
Read more Read less
My clinical research focuses on developing new treatments for breast cancer. I specialize in early-phase cancer clinical trials, called phase I trials. In these trials, patients receive new cancer medicines or new combinations of cancer medicines for the first time. I am particularly interested in developing new therapies that target the molecular changes that drive cancer. My translational research with liquid and tumor biopsies focuses on identifying and understanding the biomarkers of response or resistance to these targeted therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer; Early Phase Clinical Trials
- Awards and Honors: Irish Society of Medical Oncology Scholarship award (2012); American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Merit Award (2015 & 2016); ASCO Young Investigator Award (2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MBBCh BAO, University College Dublin
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Royal College of Physicians Ireland
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Mater Misericordiae University Hospital; Medical Oncology - Royal College of Physicians Ireland; Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Lillian M. Smyth
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Lillian M. Smyth
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more