I am a medical oncologist whose clinical practice is focused exclusively on caring for people with breast cancer. I have particular expertise in treating triple negative breast cancer, metastatic breast cancer, and breast cancer that is at high risk of recurring. As part of an exciting new collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering and Norwalk Hospital, I see patients at both hospitals and am Chief of Medical Oncology and Clinical Director of Cancer Services at Norwalk Hospital. I am honored to provide residents of Fairfield County access to the highest standard of cancer care, when and where they need it.
Read more Read less
I have over 20 years of experience in caring for people with cancer. During this time, the landscape of breast cancer diagnosis and treatment has changed dramatically. People are living longer and better, but we can do more. My work aims to find new therapies, particularly for triple negative breast cancer, that will change the way we think about and treat this disease. I am also actively looking for ways to prevent breast cancer from spreading to other parts of the body.
I meet with people who have received a breast cancer diagnosis, I work to provide them with a solid framework that will help them to understand their disease and available treatment options. Together, we’ll decide which treatment option is best, within the context of their lives and individual needs.
Both MSK and Norwalk Hospital have long histories of providing high quality care. This collaboration will allow us to combine the strengths of each institution and give people in the community access to world-class care – including cutting-edge cancer clinical trials – closer to home.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer; Metastatic Breast Cancer; Drug Development; Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2017); Top Doctors New York Metro Area (2016, 2017); America’s Top Doctors for Cancer (2016, 2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MBA, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; MD, Mount Sinai Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology/Hematology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more