- Clinical Expertise: Management of Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, and other Gastrointestinal Malignancies. Development of new therapeutic strategies for pancreatic and liver cancers, particularly treatments that target molecular characteristics unique to tumor cells.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University College of Dublin School of Medicine (Ireland)
- Residencies: Royal College of Physicians (Ireland)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology (Ireland and Europe)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Maeve A. Lowery
- A Phase I/II Study of Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, and MEK162 as Initial Treatment for Advanced Bile Duct or Gallbladder Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of ADI-PEG 20 plus Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of BGJ398 in Patients with Persistent Bile Duct Cancer Containing an FGFR Gene Alteration
- A Phase III Study of Low-Dose Gemcitabine with and without 90Y-Clivatuzumab in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer Who Have Had Two or More Prior Treatments
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Maeve A. Lowery
- A Phase I Study of Oral AG-120 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors, Including Glioma, with an IDH1 Mutation
- A Phase I/II Study of AG-221 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors (including Glioma) or Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma that Have an IDH2 Mutation
- Two Phase II Studies of Veliparib for Pancreatic Cancer with a BRCA or PALB2 Mutation: Gemcitabine & Cisplatin with/without Veliparib in Untreated Pancreatic Cancer (Part I) & Veliparib Alone for Patients with Previously Treated Pancreatic Cancer (Part…