- Clinical Expertise: Management of Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, and other Gastrointestinal Malignancies. Development of new therapeutic strategies for pancreatic and liver cancers, particularly treatments that target molecular characteristics unique to tumor cells.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MBBCh BAO, University College Dublin Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Mater Misericordiae Hospital; Internal Medicine - Mayo Clinic
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Mater Misericordiae Hospital; Medical Oncology - Royal College of Physicians of Ireland; Gastrointestinal Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology (Ireland and Europe)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Maeve A. Lowery
- A Phase Ib Study of PF-04136309 plus Gemcitabine and Nab-Paclitaxel in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of AG-120 versus Placebo in Patients with Previously Treated Inoperable or Metastatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- A Phase III Study of Olaparib versus Placebo as Maintenance Therapy in Patients with BRCA-Mutated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer with Stable Disease after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Maeve A. Lowery
- A Phase I Study of AG-881 to Treat Advanced Solid Tumors, including Gliomas, that Contain Mutated IDH1 or IDH2
- A Phase I Study of MVT-5873 Alone or with Chemotherapy in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer and Other CA19-9 Positive Tumors
- Two Phase II Studies of Veliparib for Pancreatic Cancer with a BRCA or PALB2 Mutation: Gemcitabine & Cisplatin with/without Veliparib in Untreated Pancreatic Cancer (Part I) & Veliparib Alone for Patients with Previously Treated Pancreatic Cancer (Part…
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more