I am a board-certified medical oncologist who specializes in the use of novel immunotherapies, which act by stimulating or strengthening the immune system’s inherent ability to fight cancer, to treat melanoma and other cancers. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, and research nurses in the Immunotherapeutics Clinical Core (a specialized center for phase I clinical trials of new immunotherapy agents) and on the Melanoma and Sarcoma Service.
Read more Read less
My research is focused on the development of new ways to use the immune system to treat cancer. As a laboratory member in the Ludwig Center for Cancer Immunotherapy at Memorial Sloan Kettering, I have been involved in developing innovative approaches to monitoring patients treated with immunotherapy. Our hope is to better understand how immunotherapy can be used to help patients with cancer and to expand this promising treatment modality into new areas.
- Clinical Expertise: Melanoma; Immunotherapy
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Connecticut
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - University of California San Francisco
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology/Hematology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Margaret K. Callahan
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with BMS-986016 Alone and with Nivolumab in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of Varlilumab plus Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I/II Study of Immunotherapy with JTX-2011 Alone or with Nivolumab in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I/II Study of Immunotherapy with Nivolumab Alone and with Ipilimumab in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study Assessing Mediators of Response to Nivolumab and Ipilimumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Melanoma or Bladder Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Margaret K. Callahan
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more