As Chair of the Department of Laboratory Medicine, I oversee and ensure the accuracy and quality of all the clinical laboratory testing performed at Memorial Hospital, as well as all of the MSKCC satellite laboratories. I am board certified in Clinical Pathology/Laboratory Medicine and Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine, and have directed laboratories and led consultation services in laboratory medicine. My research interests are in new diagnostic test development and appropriate laboratory test utilization. I am recognized as a leader in the automation and efficiency of laboratory operations, and am called on to share my expertise in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
- Clinical Expertise: Laboratory Medicine
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowships: The Rockefeller University
- Board Certifications: Clinical Pathology; Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more