I am a pediatric oncologist who specializes in the treatment of children and young adults with leukemia, lymphoma, and tumors involving the kidney (such as Wilms’ tumor). Depending on the type of cancer, treatment can take months to years to complete. We treat these cancers with combinations of drugs that are tailored to each patient’s individual situation.
My clinical research involves the use of novel agents and combination therapies for relapsed and refractory leukemia. We participate in Children’s Oncology Group studies as well as early-stage clinical trials of promising new agents in multicenter studies coordinated by consortia such as POETIC (Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigator Consortium) and TACL (Therapeutic Advances in Childhood Leukemia & Lymphoma).
My laboratory work focuses on the discovery and analysis of unique genetic characteristics of different childhood cancers to identify important signaling pathways and novel targets for effective therapy. I also screen new drugs and compounds against childhood cancer cells, with the potential to create new agents to improve treatments and outcomes.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering, patients and their families benefit from the years of expertise shared by our clinicians and researchers and the high volume of patients we see. I work as part of a dedicated multidisciplinary team that includes surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, psychiatrists, social workers, and others committed to providing the best possible care for every child.
- Clinical Expertise: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology; Pediatric Leukemia and Lymphoma; Pediatric Tumors of the Kidney
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, George Washington University
- Residencies: Pediatrics - St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Fellowships: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Pediatrics; Pediatric Hematolgy-Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Neerav N. Shukla
- A Phase I Study of Tazemetostat in Children with Recurrent or Persistent INI1-Negative Tumors or Synovial Sarcoma
- A Phase I/II Study of LOXO-101 in Children with Infantile Fibrosarcoma, Primary Brain Tumors, and Other Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin or Crizotinib in Combination with Chemotherapy for Children and Adolescents Newly Diagnosed Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Treatment of Patients with Newly Diagnosed Standard Risk B-precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Neerav N. Shukla
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more