I am a pulmonologist with decades of experience in diagnosing and treating patients who suffer from lung conditions and complications caused by cancer and its treatment.
In addition to seeing patients in our outpatient pulmonary clinics, I consult on inpatient and outpatient cases throughout the hospital. I also perform procedures such as thoracentesis (drainage of fluid surrounding the lung), catheter placement in the pleural cavity (the space surrounding the lungs in the rib cage), and bronchoscopy. I am also experienced in performing endobronchial ultrasound to diagnose lymph nodes in the chest.
In my years at Memorial Sloan Kettering – I joined the faculty in 1991 – I also have participated in research to evaluate patient tolerance to varying levels of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other forms of cancer treatment. I am also very involved in training our distinguished group of fellows.
I am a long-term member of the American College of Physicians and the American Thoracic Society, and am a fellow with the American College of Chest Physicians. I have been on the Executive Committee of the New York Thoracic Society since 2011, and have been an ad hoc reviewer for journals such as the European Respiratory Journal, Cancer Investigation, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, Chest, and the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Clinical Expertise: Pulmonary Disease in the Immunocompromised Patient; Pulmonary Complications of Cancer and Therapy; Pulmonary Complications Associated with HIV Infection; Photodynamic Therapy; Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, New York University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Beth Israel Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Pulmonary Disease; Critical Care Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more