I am a medical oncologist who specializes in caring for people with blood cancers. I have particular expertise in treating lymphoma, leukemia, and myeloma. Whenever possible, I offer my patients a wide spectrum of treatment options. This may include the most-advanced established treatment program or promising novel therapies, like immunotherapy. At MSK Commack and MSK Rockville Centre, I help my patients access clinical trials so that residents of Long Island can receive the same level of cutting-edge care that makes MSK a leader in cancer care.
Read more Read less
When I came to MSK in 2012, I was a doctor in the Urgent Care Center. I cared for people who were experiencing a range of complications from their cancer and its treatments. I chose to focus my fellowship on hematologic oncology and blood and bone marrow stem cell transplantation. My experience taught me the importance of providing comprehensive care to people with blood cancers. I treat my patients as whole people, not just their disease.
MSK is leading the way in innovative treatments for blood cancers. I will be the lead researcher at MSK for multicenter trials focused on myeloma and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. The goal of these trials will be to improve current standards of care for people with myeloma by incorporating the most-novel targeted therapies into their treatment regimen.
When I meet with patients, they are often concerned about the possible negative side effects of treatment. These concerns sometimes arise from information online or from a personal connection’s experience. I remind all my patients that their individual cancer is unique and that we will address it as such. We will work together to create a treatment plan that best fits their health status and life circumstances. Ultimately, I remind the people I care for that we are on the same team, aiming for the same goals.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin Lymphoma; Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; Multiple Myeloma; Amyloidosis; Leukemias; Myelodysplastic Syndrome; Aplastic Anemia; Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (Essential Thrombocytosis, Polycythemia Vera, Myelofibrosis); Autologous and Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation; Targeted Therapies; Immune Therapies; Cancer-Related Emergencies
- Languages Spoken: English; Arabic; French; German
- Education: MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine – Maimonides Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology – Maimonides Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Bone Marrow Transplant – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more