As an interventional radiologist, I perform minimally invasive image-guided procedures using x-ray, CT scan, ultrasound, PET scan, and MRI technologies. These procedures include percutaneous biopsies, venous access (such as mediport placement), arterial embolization, and thermal ablation. As a doctor at Memorial Sloan Kettering, my primary responsibility is to provide excellent, safe, and compassionate care for my patients who are living with cancer, or who may be facing a cancer diagnosis.
My clinical interests include pre-operative portal vein embolization, catheter-directed treatment of deep venous thrombosis, embolization/radioembolization of tumors in the liver, as well as pre-operative embolization of bone tumors prior to surgery.
My research interests include PET and image-fusion guided biopsies, as well as management of malignant pleural effusion.
Originally from Far Hills, New Jersey, I graduated magna cum laude from Duke University in 1998 with a BS degree in biology. I attended Jefferson Medical College, and graduated as a member of the AOA Honor Medical Society in 2002. I completed residency in diagnostic radiology in 2009 at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City, followed by a clinical fellowship in vascular and interventional radiology.
I am a board certified radiologist with subspecialty certification (CAQ) in vascular and interventional radiology from the American Board of Radiology.
- Clinical Expertise: Embolization and Radioembolization (yttrium-90) of Liver Tumors (primary and metastatic); Thermal Ablation of Tumors; Angiography; Portal Hypertension; Venous Access; CT-guided Biopsy
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Jefferson Medical College
- Residencies: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Board Certifications: Diagnostic Radiology; CAQ in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more