I am a medical oncologist and member of the Gynecologic Oncology Disease Management Team. I primarily treat gynecologic cancers but also see solid-tumor patients with melanoma and sarcoma. I am also interested in the treatment of older cancer patients and participate in the 65+ Clinical Geriatrics Program.
I am involved in a number of research organizations including the Elderly Taskforce of the Gynecologic Oncology Group and the Cancer in the Elderly committee of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology. I have been on the Board of Directors and served as Treasurer of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) since 2010 and have participated in multiple taskforces (Chemotherapy, Geriatric Assessment, Renal Dysfunction, Lymphoma, and Oral Chemotherapy) and as the US National Representative and Scientific Chair of the 2011 annual meeting.
I also serve on the editorial board of the Journal of Geriatric Oncology, External Advisory Board of the University of Iowa Cancer Center, Governing Board Cancer, and the Kidney International Network. As a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), I have been on the Clinical Practice Committee and Scientific Program Committee and currently am in the Geriatric Oncology Special Interest Group. I have been a guest editor for the Journal of Clinical Oncology on a special edition devoted to geriatric oncology in 2007 and 2014. Also in 2014, I received the ASCO BJ Kennedy Award for Scientific Excellence in Geriatric Oncology and am President of SIOG.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Medical Oncology; Geriatric Oncology; Solid Tumors
- Awards and Honors: ASCO BJ Kennedy Award for Scientific Excellence in Geriatric Oncology (2014)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Cornell University/North Shore University Hospital/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology/Hematology - North Shore University Hospital/Cornell University Medical College
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology; Geriatric Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more