I am an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. I obtained my medical degree from the University of Istanbul in Istanbul, Turkey, and moved to the U.S. in 2001 to continue my studies. I finished my Adult Psychiatry Residency at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. I completed my fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and fellowship in Psychosomatic Medicine and Psycho-Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. I am board-certified in Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, and Psychosomatic Medicine. I joined the Memorial Sloan Kettering faculty in October 2012.
I am the liaison psychiatrist to Neuro-Oncology and 65+ Teams at Memorial Sloan Kettering. My clinical, educational, and research interests include assessment and management of delirium among cancer patients, long-term cognitive outcomes of delirium, symptom management in terminally ill cancer patients, cognitive effects of cancer and cancer therapies, and educating clinicians, families, and patients on delirium recognition, its assessment and management.
- Clinical Expertise: Psychiatric Care of Geriatric Cancer Patients
- Languages Spoken: English; Turkish
- Education: MD, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine (Turkey)
- Residencies: Drexel University College of Medicine (Pennsylvania)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center/Weill Cornell Medical College; University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certifications: Psychiatry; Geriatric Psychiatry; Psychosomatic Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more