As Chief of the Clinical Microbiology Service in the Department of Laboratory Medicine, I am responsible for the management and day-to-day operation of the diagnostic laboratories within the service. These include bacteriology, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology, diagnostic immunlogy, virology, and molecular diagnostics. I am engaged in both clinical service and translational research collaborations with members of the Infectious Diseases and other services aimed at developing and evaluating new and improved microbiological and molecular diagnostic testing procedures. I am recognized as a leader in laboratory diagnosis and assessment of microbial infections and am called on to share my expertise in the pre-analytical consultation for test selection and specimen collection as well as the post-analytic interpretation of sentinel results.
- Clinical Expertise: Clinical and Diagnostic Microbiology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Fudan University School of Medicine (Shanghai, China); PhD, Microbiology, Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Fellowships: Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Mayo Clinic
- Board Certifications: Medical and Public Health Microbiology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more