GenTeal [OTC]; Lubricating Plus Eye Drops [OTC]; Refresh Celluvisc [OTC]; Refresh Liquigel [OTC]; Refresh Optive Advanced [OTC]; Refresh Optive Sensitive [OTC]; Refresh Optive [OTC]; Refresh Plus [OTC]; Refresh Tears [OTC]; Sterile Lubricant [OTC]; Tears Again Night & Day [OTC]; Theratears [OTC]; Ultra Fresh [OTC]
Celluvisc™; Refresh Plus®; Refresh Tears®
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- If you have an allergy to carboxymethylcellulose or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- Do not use this drug to treat contact lens irritation.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Sudden change in eyesight, eye pain, or irritation.
- Blurred eyesight. Use care when driving or doing other tasks that call for clear eyesight.
- Short-term pain after use.
- For the eye only.
- Take out contact lenses before using this drug. Lenses may be put back in 15 minutes after this drug is given. Do not put contacts back in if your eyes are irritated or infected.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Space each eye drug by 5 minutes.
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this drug is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.