- It is used to treat urea cycle problems.
- If you have an allergy to carglumic acid or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Change in thinking clearly and with logic.
- Big change in balance.
- Sweating a lot.
- Not hungry.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Belly pain.
- Sore throat.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Take right before a meal.
- Do not swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Mix each tablet with a 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) or more of water. Drink it right away.
- Rinse cup with more water and drink.
- Do not mix with juice, milk, or other drinks.
- Those who have feeding tubes may also use the tablet. Mix each tablet with a ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) or more of water. Give right away. Flush the feeding tube before and after this drug is given.
- Follow the diet plan that your doctor told you about.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store unopened containers in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- After opening, store at room temperature. Throw away after 30 days.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call
Carglumic Acid©2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on August 4, 2015