- It is used to treat mastocytosis.
- It is used to treat food allergies.
- It may be given to your child for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell all of your child’s health care providers that your child is taking this drug. This includes your child’s doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug.
- If your child has had a life-threatening reaction to foods before, talk with the doctor. You may need to give your child other drugs with this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Wheezing or coughing.
- Muscle pain or weakness.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Upset stomach.
- Belly pain.
- Keep giving this drug to your child as you have been told by your child’s doctor or other health care provider, even if your child feels well.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss giving your child doses.
- Give 15 to 20 minutes before meals.
- Your child may swallow whole or you may mix the contents of the capsule with water. It is best to mix this drug with water before giving it to your child. If mixing it with water, mix as you have been told by the doctor. Have your child take the mixture right away. Do not store it for later use.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Give 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime.
- Do not let your child swallow the ampul. Open it and empty the liquid into a glass of water. Mix and have your child drink.
- Read the package insert for more details.
- Give a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child’s next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child’s normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Store in original container.
- Protect from light.
- Store in pouch until ready for use.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.